*Please note the information below relates to the 2020 event.* Our customer services team get a lot questions in the lead up to an event! Click on the question below and perhaps you’ll find the answer here!
What you can expect as a rider:
- The only Official Tour de France Sportive in the UK
- Official Tour de France Fan Park for the whole family
- Mechanical support like the pros
- Medical support
- Energy products provided at feed stations
- Electronic chip timing
- Finisher’s medal
Please note: this event is an open road sportive and all cyclists must adhere to the Highway
Ample parking is provided next to the Fan Park. Parking costs £5 per car for the whole day. To purchase your parking ticket please log on to your Active account and add the parking option as an additional purchase. You will receive an email close to the event day with you printable voucher.
Entry to parking is via the junction of Penn Street and Horsemoor Lane, behind Penn House Estate.
Distances and Start Times
|Long Route – 151km||06:30 – 08:22||5|
|Medium Route – 101km||08:26 – 09:14||3|
|Short Route – 52km||09:18 – 09:38||1|
Email updates will be posted here.
- A message from our CEO (19 March 2020): Click here to view
- April update (08 April 2020): Click here to view
- Event cancelled (15 April 2020): Click here to view
Not been receiving email updates? You may have unsubscribed from us! You can re-subscribe here.
Whenever you are out on your bike, whether you are taking part in an event or not, please always ride safely, remain aware and look after yourself, bearing in mind that other road users and the conditions that you face may be unpredictable. Therefore, all participants are required to have reflectors fitted to their bikes. Ride officials will check bikes before they set off on the course. Please note: this event is an open road sportive and all cyclists must adhere to the Highway Code. Many of the rules in the Highway Code are legal requirements, and if you disobey these rules you are committing a criminal offence. We advise that you carefully read through our Road Safety information and Guidelines page so that you are best prepared for event day.
Rider Information Packs
Your rider pack will be posted to you prior to the event. Packs will begin to arrive with participants from 27th June but can arrive any day up until a few days before the event.
If you have not received your pack by Friday 12th July or you are an overseas entrant you will need to collect a pack from the Information Desk (in the Event Village) on Sunday 14th July. Please allow at least 45 minutes prior to your start time for pack collection. Please bring some form of photo ID with you.
Within your pack, you will receive the following, all of which you need to bring with you to the event :
1. Large Event Number: This must be attached to your back , on the outside of your clothing (safety pins are not included). This must be visible at all times during the ride and is your passport to the Feed Stations and sweep vehicle where required.
2. Coloured Card: This is for us to identify who is riding which distance so the colour you have received will match your chosen distance. Please attach this to the front of your bike with the cable ties provided.
3. Helmet and Bike Stickers: These stickers, printed with your event number, should be affixed as follows:
• One small sticker for the FRONT of your helmet (so we can identify you from the front)
• One small sticker for the Coloured Card provided
• The long sticker is to be attached around your bike seat post pointing backwards (so we can identify you from the side)
4. Timing Chip: Your timing chip is the small silver tag which is stuck onto the long rectangular seat post sticker. This is very important so please ensure the long sticker is securely attached to the seat post of your bike. If it is not attached correctly or damaged in anyway, your results may be affected. Please note that the ID on your timing chip does not necessarily match your individual race number.
Location, Travel and Accommodation
The L’etape UK event village and start point will take place at Penn House, Amersham, HP7 0PS.
Need somewhere to stay?
We have partnered with Stay 22 to help you find accommodation close to our event.
Use the map below to search for available rooms and book through the dedicated app.